Terms and Conditions
We very much hope that you enjoy your stay in Flint Cottage. Please read the following to ensure the enjoyment of yours and future guests stays.
- The lead guest must be over the age of 21 and accepts all responsibility for anyone staying in Flint Cottage during the rental period. Bookings are not transferrable unless by prior agreement.
- The total number of guests staying in Flint Cottage during the rental period must not exceed those stated on the Booking Form.
- Your booking is secured upon receipt of the Security Deposit, which is required within 3 days of the provisional booking being made, unless by prior agreement. Unfortunately, if no payment / communication has been received by this time the owners reserve the right to remove the provisional booking without giving notice.
- Payment in full for the rental must be received no later than 6 weeks before your arrival, late payment may forfeit your booking and deposit.
- The Damages Deposit will be paid back to you within 7 days of your departure, please leave the Cottage Clean and Damage Free. General Wear and Tare excused.
- Cancellation Policy:
Cancel before 6 weeks of your arrival – full refund given
Cancel 3 – 6 weeks of your arrival – 50% refund given
Cancel within 3 weeks of your arrival – no refund given
We therefore strongly advise that you take out Holiday Insurance.
7. The cost of the rental includes.
- Full use of Flint Cottage and the gardens as well as associated Water and Electricity
- Provision of Bedding, Towels, Tea Towel, Dish-Cloth and cleaning products for your stay
- Starter pack of Wood for the Wood burner
- Welcome Pack (contents vary but will include fresh milk and butter)
- Use of the Wifi
- Use of BBQ, charcoal not included in rental. Please clean if used.
8. Check in is from 4pm, check out is before 10am. Alteration to this is strictly by prior agreement. There is no refund given for late arrivals or early departures.
9. Flint Cottage will be clean and tidy when you arrive, and you agree to leave it much as you found it when you depart. You agree to inform us of any damage or breakages so that we can rectify before our next guests arrive.
10. Rubbish. Please empty all bins into the Dust Bins provided in the front garden, separating recycling from general waste.
11. The renter agrees to adhere to the separate Terms and Conditions named Doggy do’s and doggy don’ts copy of which found in the Information Book and on the Website.
12. The renter agrees to inform immediately of any problems with the Cottage or its contents. We cannot be held liable for faulty appliances or equipment but action to remedy any faults urgently. No refunds will be given unless the fault is one that would materially affect your stay such as loss of water / electricity supply and then any refund will be at our discretion following discussions with yourselves.
13. The Cottage is installed with Super-Fast Broadband. We cannot be held responsible for the speed or reliability of this and therefore no refund will be given if it fails.
14. Flint Cottage is for short term holiday letting only, maximum stay 28 days and is not to be sublet or used for any business or illegal purpose.
15. In the event of Flint Cottage becoming unavailable (such as fire or flooding) for reasons outside the guests control, the owners will refund all monies paid or a proportion in case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event and will not refund monies if the unavailability of Flint Cottage is due to an action taken by the guest (such as fire or flood caused by candle or tap left running)
16. Smoking of Cigarettes, Cigars, E-Cigarettes and Vaping are strictly forbidden inside the Cottage. If there is evidence of this happening the Lead Guest maybe charged a £100.00 extra cleaning charge.
17. Please be respectful and do not cause a nuisance to neighbours.
18. Anyone staying at Flint Cottage does so at their own risk. We do not accept liability for damages, accidents or losses unless proven to be down to our negligence.
19. The renters right to occupy the cottage maybe forfeited without refund if:
- More people stay in the cottage then that notified on the Booking Form
- Any activity which is illegal or may cause a disturbance, damage to the property or a nuisance to neighbours.
20. Any problems with the Cottage must be notified to the owner at once. It is important that this is done immediately so that an investigation can be carried out and remedied during your stay. Under no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended.
21. By booking your stay at Flint Cottage and by the paying of the Deposit / Rental Cost implies acceptance in full of these Terms and Conditions.
22. We are GDPR Compliant and will not pass on your details to any third party unless legally obliged to. By staying at the cottage you give permission (unless subsequently requested not to) that we may contact you in the future about any special offers.